Student fee protection covers payments made by students to Marsden Technical Institute including fees and the other course related costs. This means that in the unlikely event that your Education Provider has to close prior to the completion of your programme; the balance of your student fees will be protected. This will give you the choice to either have any remaining fees paid back to you or have them transferred directly to an alternative Education Provider that you will nominate.
We partner with Public Trust (http://www.publictrust.co.nz) – New Zealand’s largest and oldest trustee organisation. This scheme will provide students and their parents with the most secure fee protection and peace of mind.
WITHDRAWAL AND REFUNDS POLICY
Our Refund Policy is in accordance with the Education Act of 1989 and further amendments. Student withdrawal notification must be made in writing addressed to the Institute Director. The date of the withdrawal is deemed as the date we receive the written notification of the withdrawal. The programme start date is defined as the published start date of the programme. Therefore, international student’s entitlement to a refund is based on several conditions.
A. For programmes of three months or more in duration
- If a student withdraws from a course within the first ten working days from the programme start date, they are entitled to receive a full refund of any payments, less a deduction of up to 25% for costs already incurred.
- No refunds will be provided if a student withdraws after the first ten working days of the programme start date.
B. For programmes with a duration of less than three months but more than five weeks
- If a student withdraws within five working days after the start of the course, the institute will refund an equal amount to the fees paid less a 25% deduction.
- No refunds will be provided if a student withdraws after the first five working days of the programme start date.
C. For programmes with a duration of less than five weeks
- If a student withdraws within two working days after the start of the course, the institute will refund an equal amount to the fees paid less a 50% deduction.
- However, if two days constitutes the full amount of tuition paid for by the student, Marsden will retain 100% of the payment and no refund will be due.
D. For all programmes
- Students who withdraw before the programme starts will also be entitled to the above criteria. That is, they will be entitled to a refund less any amounts allowed to be retained depending on the duration of their course.
- Students who are not granted a student visa will be entitled to a full refund of all unused fees.
- Students who are expelled from the programme are highly unlikely to receive a refund.
- These policies may be varied based on medical circumstance and compassionate grounds at the discretion of the Institute Director.
- If a student decides to start their course on an interim visa they will be required to attend all classes and submit all
assessments like any other student. The student will be required to sign the public trust form and in case of visa rejection will be refunded the balance remaining in the student’s trust account