FITNESS, SPORT & RECREATION
NEW ZEALAND CERTIFICATE IN SPORT, RECREATION AND EXERCISE (MULTI-SECTOR)
Graduates will be able to operate within a framework of health and wellness in relation to individuals, groups and community needs. Graduates will contribute to the cultural, social and economic wellbeing of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Duration: 20 WEEKS
- Demonstrate knowledge of recreation
- Describe benefits of participation in recreation in the local community
- Identify and manage hazards and risks in relation to a recreation activity and environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of injury prevention and risk and injury managvement in sport or recreation
- Demonstrate correct technique when using basic gym equipment
- Maintain condition and efficient use of recreation facility and equipment
- Demonstrate, instruct, and monitor static stretching
- Contribute within a team or group which has an objective
- Communicate with people from other cultures
- Demonstrate knowledge of recreation needs of target groups
- Plan and run a recreation activity
- Monitor and promote client security, comfort, enjoyment, and learning in recreation
- Manage and evaluate personal health and wellbeing to participate in a specific recreation activity
- Recommend physical activities appropriate to the growth and development of individuals of all ages
- Demonstrate and apply product and/or service knowledge
- Demonstrate professional behaviour in a recreation workplace
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional practice in a recreation workplace
- Provide customer service
- Facilitate safety of patrons at a recreation workplace
Students must be 16 years of age or over.
Prospective enrolees will undergo an interview to gauge their interest, readiness and potential to benefit from the programme.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- IELTS Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5 NZCEL L4 (Academic)
- Any equivalent Internationally Recognised English Proficiency Outcomes for International Students recognised by NZQA
This qualification could lead to employment (paid or volunteer) in a variety of assistant or support roles such as:
- entertainment venue assistant;
- event assistant;
- exercise assistant;
- holiday programme assistant;
- OSCAR assistant;
- recreation assistant;
- sport assistant;
- Whānau Ora assistant.
This qualification may provide a pathway to the New Zealand Certificate in Sport and Recreation (Programme Delivery) (Level 4), the New Zealand Certificate in Exercise (Level 4) or the New Zealand Certificate in Sport, Recreation and Exercise (Multi-Sector) (Level 4).